Thursday 1 November 2007

I almost started crying ...



We went to Oslo this weekend! Fred and Hog had bought tickets for the band VNV Nation. I have never seen them before. Just listened to some of their music when Fred has been playing it here at home. One thing that surprises me a lot after seing them is that nobody seem to know who they are when I mention this band to my friends. After seeing them I can´t understand this. They have all the ingredients for being a hit band on the radiostations around the world. The singer is very charismatic and spreads strength to his audience. They are doing really cool music. This is an English band who was discovered by the Swedish band member in Covernant playing similar kind of music. I think there is lots of power in this music. I will put something for you to listen to from youtube on my update-page: http://www.vikingshop.biz/.It was also fun to experience the micro-phone dance and the baunce ball during the concert. It is not often me and Kick get to see these dances. They are only shown when music is at its best. Hog dance with his hand slowly in front of his mouth and Fred jump up and down like a ball in an rhythmic dance.

Norway was as fantastic as always. From not being there at all few years ago I tend to be a frequent visitor nowadays. Most of it is cause our friends Hog and Kick lives there. It is such a beautiful city that feels more like a small town since the unexploited green areas is close to the city centre and that is what I like. The king and queen have big areas were they let their animals walk and also people use it for walks. I also went by my old friend U’s house to check out her apartment. She is the same as I remember her. Lots of friends around her and always happy and things going on. Never ever a sad face there.

It isn´t often I feel fulfilled and want to see more and more when I go to a gallery or a museum but I have found one artist who’s work I love. It is the genious Gustav Vigeland. He made art like a god. Like Michaelangelo searched for the divine I think this man found just that again and again in his sculptures. I almost started crying while seeing some of his sculptures. I didn´t thinkt a man who created so much in his life was blessed with sharing this with a woman but after visiting this indoor museum I understood that he married one of his models. He fell in love with her beautiful hands. All and everyone of us who tried to create art with hands as focus know how beautiful a hand can be and also how difficult it is to remodel this part of us.

Vigeland has also made the medallion who is given in the name of the Nobel peace price and this year it is one of my idols who got it. A salute for Al Gore.

No comments:

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.