Monday 26 November 2007

Matrix in real life...



We had guests coming over for dinner last Saturday. This is a family of four. Usually we have dinner together once every six months where we talk, eat and drink lots of wine. It is a nice evening for both of us and our kids. When they arrived with their car and parked in our carport their little boy asked why there were so many cd´s hanging from the roof. His mother and father looked up and saw 20 shining cd´s moving in strings. The father answered that it is because the family don´t want birds to sit there and leave anything on the cars. “They want to scare the birds away.” The boy nodded cause he finally understood. After a few seconds he answered. “Hm, so the birds fly away when the music start to play? Everyone laughed and I think it is lovely to hear stories like this of how children think before they know too much.

I read at expressen.se webpage about a young girl who saved 23 newborn Iceland horses today. In iceland they get the horses pregnant and then they empty their blood cause there is some enzymes in the blood that are used in meatproduction. I think it is a little “Matrix” over this story. When the little foal is being born it is sent directly to be slaughtered. This Swedish girl saved 23 foals who arrived by plane in Sweden yesterday. A honorable thing to do. I think this is a reminder for many of us. I think it is important to think about what we consume and also be aware of how this is being done. Perhaps we can spare some of these habits just for moral reasons.
One can always ponder over if it is necessary to develop medicals, machines, food and clothes for human beings. I think many of us understand that this probably must be done but there is a moral line somewhere when we don´t care about much more than money and ourselves. I think you and I have to decide where that line is and try not to cross it. My line is drawn exactly where I don’t eat baby animals. You might think this is silly but I think why should I buy that when I just as well can have something else on my plate? We are doing some nasty things by buying products we don´t know much about. Some of them is for a good cause. I think this would be one to start with in Iceland.

When it comes to relations with other people there have been a lot of friends through the years. Some of them for a long time and some I have been trying to avoid after meeting them once. I haven´t always acted the best way but I tend to reflect, think and compare and somehow I think I learn how I want to change that way. I have grown to be more Anna nowadays and hopefully also a better person. If you know me you can let me know what that is . I think we all search for different things in relationships but joy and respect is of great importance for me. We all seem to be short of time so it is nice to know what we are looking for in a relationship and skip relations were you don´t get it. I have been more into that idea after growing older. Some people seem to leave a smile on your lips and some people make you need a long nap after spending time together. It is just to find those waterwholes. I had a friend who called once in a while and used me as a garbage container. She nagged and nagged of how unfair life was. Every call started the same way and the subjects were almost always the same. She wasn´t satisfied with her life. She did this for some time and she seldom showed any interest for my life so It felt good when I told her I needed a time out from her friendship. Every time I hung up the phone I was totally empty so it was a great feeling in doing that.

I have another friend who spend all her time with working issues and friends. She forget about her family. That is sad. I remember when I found out that she didn´t even visit her old mother on her birthday or around it. She left her a parcel outside her door when she was travelling through in another purpose. She almost never participate in family gatherings. She doesn´t have any children and can really focus on herself and her needs and she has grown to be really self-centered. Like she said once when I asked her about how she sees her life. She is happy with her life since it is so rich and interesting. I see clearly that we are different but that doesn´t mean she doesn´t have anything that interest me. She does but I must say I am glad that we´re not family!

Enough about me trying to be Doctor Phil.

All the best from me to you
Anna

No comments:

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.