Thursday 15 November 2007

Just keep the story company



The photo above is a photo of me. If I should belive a website were I described myself and they showed me how I look. It is a pretty nice photo!

While I am sitting here by the computer I feel something unusual in my belly. It feels as if a new part has sneaked in there without me knowing. I think you think it is a baby but I know it isn´t. I think this is a result of too many buns these past few years and since we bought a big car 3 years ago I have gotten a bit lazy. I tend to use the car all the time instead of walking. I used to be a walker. I could walk 30-40 kilometers without any problems. I remember the first time my brother let me walk with his friends when they were training for Nijmegen marsch were they walk 30km every day in 4 days. They had planned to walk a short stroll of 30 km around Borås. I didn´t know what to expect cause I never knew how far I walked when I walked so I kept a really low profile. After a kilometer the leader of the group MR O told me that I was going to beg him to stop when we got back to this spot. I didn´t say anything cause we had a long walk in head of us and he was use of doing this and I wasn´t. He brought a lot of bottles of water since it was a sunny day. He drank all the time and smiled. We walked and talked. This guy MR O could make you laugh all the time both with and at him. Met some people I know on the way so it was a pretty pleasent time. After a few hours I started to feel a bit dumbness in my feet but if I didn´t think of it it wasn´t any problems. When we realized that we had walked 20 kilometers Mr O started to ask if we didn´t wanted any break. We rejected it. We didn´t bring any food so we didn´t saw the point in taking a break. Mr O somehow slipped to the back of the line and didn´t look to good. He complained about his feet aching. When we got to that special spot he just layed down and drank water so we all stoped. I didn´t say anything about what he said earlier. I didn´t need to.
After this I realized I had been training for this without knowing.

While I did the UN-deployment in Bosnia I had to borrow guys from the mine awareness team to keep up with my speed. Also because they were great company (you must send me a mail if you happen to stop by here). I have been lucky with my feets. They are ugly but they can walk long and without any chafed foot. I think that is the key. Nowadays it is the opposite. I get tired and like to take many rests. Usually I am satisfied if I walk a 10´km walk every Sunday on my walking quiz.

Fred have a story to tell but he never gets to it. He is waiting and when he decide to write a book just of the joy of doing it I think there will be a first chapter and it will be a part of a book I would love to see. If he just let that sole out a story would create itself within his hand. I think he just need to neutralilize and don´t think too much. Just keep the story company.

All the best from me to you!
Anna

No comments:

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.