Wednesday 26 September 2007

Coffee with cheese cubes in it

Once in a while I wonder and think about some people that has passed by in my life. One of those is a guy who used to drink coffee with cheese cubes in it. Sounds a bit odd to me but he told me that it was pretty normal in the North of Sweden. Me and this guy, we worked together abroad during a few months. We spent most of our wake time together and had lot of laughs together. He was a farmer, on his first trip abroad ever. He was a big tall guy. No one messed with him so there were many advantages with having him as a friend among the thousand males and few women during my UN-mission. I liked his personality very much (I think most members in our group were great personalities). We often worked long hours since we were in charge of all the food and merchandise arriving, and it kept on coming...all the time. We had all the UN-personel and soldiers come to visit us from this big peace keeping area. The Swedish PX had good reputation of having nice stuff and they wanted to buy everything from gold rings to computers. I wonder what my friend is doing now and how he is. I think about him now and then and wonder. I have searched for him on the Internet but if I know him right he is far from a computer... I have to keep my fingers crossed that he finds me here at my cyberhome.

A new era has started here at home. Few weeks ago we bought a dishwasher for the first time. I have been discussing this with Fred for ap. 7 years. He thought it was not necesary to buy one and I have accepted his opinion since he was the one doing the dishes every day. Since we got children and I was at home I have changed my opinion. I had to do it as well and a few months ago I gave up and said: “I don´t care about anything but a dishwasher. BUY ONE NOW. I paid for it myself and did it with a smile. Now it is clean in the kitchen all the time. Fred has still haven´t admitted that it was a good investment. I think he misses his time by himself in the kitchen listening to his electronic body music meanwhile I was chasing the children.

Today I tested the website: http://www.flickr.com/. I pasted some photos and tested the service. Seem pretty good. Would you like to see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14137192@N08/

1 comment:

Nina said...

Hej tjejen! Ville bara gratulera till diskmaskinen. Strongt att fixa att inte ha diskmaskin, två vuxna och två barn! Jag förstår varför du vill ha en. Jag tycker t.o.m att det är jobbigt att fylla på diskmaskinen och tömma den...

Ha en go helg!

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.