Monday 1 October 2007

A sign from someone above...


Few weeks ago me and Fred was sitting having lunch with a friend at this sushi restaurant in Boras. Our friend J is also a fan of sushi and go there once in a while. Past months this girl has been out on a great journey where I think she found herself again. After several years in Sweden she decides to go home to the US and visit her family and do this for a few months. Anyway during this lunch I told her that I signed up for a new distance course at the university. I found this amazing guy who inspires more than I´ve seen anyone do before. He is having this course in Photoshop in Jönköpng. I couldn´t resist signing up for that course since I love this software and usually you have to pay for lessons. I told J about this and that he has a website http://www.moderskeppet.se/ that she should visit.
She left for New York to visit her family again. I´ve read her blog and she seem to have a great time. For a few days she stoped by at a friend’s house in NY. While they are having dinner one night the guy in the house mentioned that he has a friend who is a big fan of photoshopping. He has a website http://www.moderskeppet.se/. I say wow! The world is pretty small even though you are out flying. Maybe she should go the course. Meet the guy, Mattias?! Perhaps a sign from someone above... Now I am guessing out in the blue.

My childrens father fled away this weekend to run the Lidingö race (http://www.lidingoloppet.se/start/start.cfm). It is 30 kilometres or something. I would never do that if I had a choice. I wouldn´t go out running at all. Never did after high school. My teacher were so not inspiring during those years that I decided to avoid this activity in the future. This weekend I´ve lost my voice for some reason. Has had a cold for a week and it evolved into loosing my voice completely. This happens just about time when Fred is leaving home for a few days. I have had a hard time these days with gesticulating with my hands and showing things with mimic in my face when I want to tell my children anything. It is tricky when you get angry and run towards the child as if you are going to use a high voice but instead starting to whisper in his ear. There has been one good thing with this cause the children started to whisper back to me and that was nice. Not so high volume in my ears as it usually is. These days my mother, Fred and other phoned more than usually and some of them didn´t hear that I answered the phone if they were in a car or something. I was in my phone whispering and they were shouting HELLO. Hm. Today I got my voice back again. Nice! I sound like an old rockstar who’s had lots of Jack Daniel’s but that is ok.

I am thinking about putting my favorite candy in my webshop. Laktitsal. I can´t live without this. Most people outside sweden doesn´t like this salty candy but I do and what if you are missing something. Maybe thats your favorite aswell. I think I make an anna-survival kit with Lakritsal, räkost, falu rågrut and some other swedish tasteful things.

I think kindness is underestimated in our society. What if all and every one did one nice thing every day. That would make a great day for many of us.

1 comment:

Jessica Velasco said...

hey! i just applied for the spring term of that course!

Hugs
Jess

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.