Tuesday 11 September 2007

I painted him before I met him...



I called my friend K last Wednesday and told her that it was time. Time she said? To do what? I have been watching our calender being more and more occupied by Freds activities so I thought I had to get myself together and have a party with the girls and fill out an evening in the calender myself. I still have my studio were I can paint and just be, but I haven´t done that in 4 years. My family use this studio nowadays to put old stuff in it. It has become some kind of storage facility. I wonder what the neighbours think when nobody’s been there for 4 years and suddenly there’s a big party. When I went up there the other day to clean up a little bit, I realized that I have 4 old TV´s wasting around. The oldest one is my brother’s from when he was 12, I think. My stereo I bought for my first hard earned money when I was 16, and that is also up there. I remember working as a cleaner at the hospital and thought it was great to have my own money to spend and I did, all on a stereo. I have this painting in the ceiling up there. I really regret doing it directly on the ceiling. I really like it. So now I can’t stop renting the studio. There is a funny thing with it though. Fred mentioned it when we drank Champagne up there few months ago. The painting is a blue diffuse angel with clouds and lots of faces around it. I use to lay in my bed up there looking into the clouds to see if I saw any one in there. If I did I just draw some lines to make that person show a little bit. And you hardly can´t see them. The funny thing with this is when Fred said I painted him before I met him and I really did. He is up there around the angel (you can see this part on the photo above). My sister’s got a sofa from my mother two years ago. She promised not to have it up there more than one year ago. Just like my brother also have his stuff in one room since 10 years back. All the old white living room furniture we had in the 70’s is up there. I can see myself spending a few weeks trying to sort out what to throw in which container. In Sweden it takes time to throw things away since you have to sort things very carefully (cause we are very environmental friendly). You have to put all wooden stuff in one container, all metal in one, all paper in one etc. It takes some time if you have a few rooms to empty. Anyway we had that Saturday evening out last weekend and it was just like going back in time. Playing the old songs. Talking to K and M and having drink after drink. A really nice evening and four hours were gone quick and we went on a walk downtown to dance away the night.
Good night from me

No comments:

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.