Monday 7 January 2008

A slogan sounds cool but no one understands it




I read an article about Richard Branson in Time Magazine today and he seems like an inspiring person with a fresh mind who goes his own way successfully and also without following the stream.
He has aeroplanes flying all over the world and instead of flying less he proclaims to fly more and pledge that 100% of the profits goes to developing clean new fuels. He plans to fly one 747 using clean fuel next year to prove that this can be done. This guy also has dyslexia and actually thinks that this has helped him in his work. In his company they use normal language instead of using phrases that nobody understand, like “financial service industry”.

Without mentioning any companies here in Sweden I think this would be something that really would help advertsing give more results. Use language and words we understand and don´t make it so complicated. We don´t have the time for that. Sometimes it seems as if a slogan sounds cool but no one understands it, it’s better than the other way around?! Is it? You tell me? What also is cool with Branson is that he hardly ever says “no”. He is known as “Mr. Yes” because whenever someone comes up with an idea he encourages that person to try it out within reasonable limits.

Mother called me last week and told me; “Anna you have to stay up to see the stars on the Castle tonight?!” I was a bit surprised cause the TV-show was due at 23.40 and I go to bed at the latest at ten. Sometimes I don´t know what she is thinking. The TV-show was about old stars. If you are a Swede you know them and if you are from abroad you might know some of them: Britt Ekland, Peter Stormare, Arja Saijonmaa, Jan Malmsjö and Magnus Härenstam participated in this show. Mother’s urge almost made me laugh. I never have the time to see TV-shows and suddenly there is a demand from my mother that I have to see these grand old ladies and men. I told her I wouldn´t, but for some reason I sat by the TV at 23.00 waiting for the show to start that evening. Everyone except me were sleeping in our house. Or should I say I was half asleep as well. Afterwards I must say that it was interesting for me as a Swede to see these people talking about everything they have been through and done, even though It seemed a bit like bragging, but you know us Swedes; we don´t like when someone is giving themselves compliments. They should come from someone else. At this matured age like these people are in, 50-70 is my guess, they don´t care what media or someone else think so I must say that this was the most interesting reality show in a long time. Britt Ekland suddenly gave Arja Saijonmaa the evil eye and told her that she shouldn´t be so rude to a gentleman like Magnus and ask him such a personal quesiton. I couldn´t help watching the show after this and saw Arja Saijonmaa who fixed herself a beautiful cool tango dress while she told Britt to take some cheap shit on her, and made her dance while Arja was the instructor. Britt did it reluctantly. It didn´t looked good but she agreed and that was fun. The person who interests me the most in this group is Peter Stormare. He has a really nice personality and attitude. He is a cool Swede. I will check out what he has planned for the others in the next show.

Yesterday we had our first day in snow here in the Western of Sweden. The photo is from that beautiful day!

All the best from me,
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really do like your blogg! keep it up.

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.