Thursday 13 December 2007

Santas with cotton candles in their hair



Today I am looking forward to seeing my cute little son and daughter dressed as small Santas with cotton candles in their hair. Today it is Lucia’s Day. It is the day when all cities in Sweden have choosen their own Lucia and she sings Christmas carols with candles burning in her hair. The children form a line with Lucia first and usually there are some starboys and small Santas aswell. My kids couldn´t decide what to be so they are a combination of Santa and Lucia. Usually it is girls who get to be the Lucia but I encourage my children to be whatever they feel like without thinking about gender.

We have been up early to listen to this fantastic song and eat Lusse buns.

All the best from me to you
Anna

No comments:

They impress me

  • Caroline Krook
  • Kofi Atta Annan
  • My Postman on bike
  • Ola Salo
  • Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan

A heart in the sky

A heart in the sky
It isn´t every day you see this in the sky.

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
Borås, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Female, pretty ordinary if you ask me. Other people might say I am a bit odd like when I decided to go to Bosnia with weapon and uniform in a peace keeping unit for the UN few years ago. I wanted to be a part of something real with a good purpose. Some people say I lack humour. My friends always have to tell me when it is a joke otherwise I take everything seriously. I should be in the ironic generation, but I don't feel at home there.